Secret Pal 11
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Fleece Artist & Handmaiden, Socks That Rock, Mountain Colors, Koigu. I'm not a fan of synthetic fibers.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In a rubbermaid tub. Kinda messy!
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting for two years. My good friend Jennifer taught met. I would consider myself intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes I do - at Amazon
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love green, citrus scents. And tropical scents. And the smell of Chai tea!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes - chocolate and peanutbutter anything! And dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I sew. I'd love to lear to spin and dye but that will have to wait!
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like 80' alternative, classic western, hawaiian, U2, Jane's Addiction, The Killers, Radiohead - I like most music.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Reds, Greens, Blues. I like them all really
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
2 boys, 1 husband, 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 fish.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now socks, but I like shawls too.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks for swaps and a baby sweater
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like most needles. I really like my knit picks metal dpns. And addi ciruclars.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween & Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Japanese fabric (anthing japanese), sock yarn, handbags
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits. I am looking forward to IK's new sock book. And Cat Bordhi's
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Shoe size? 8 ½ US3. Foot Length? 9 in.4. Foot Circumference? 9 in.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?