Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Swarm of Swap Owls!

I know I am lucky. I have an amazing family, good health, wonderful friends. I am also lucky to have some amazingly taleneted and generous HP sock swap partners.

First, my hp-bk7 swap package from Deana. I asked for Dobby socks and I got the most amazing pair of mismatched socks. Deana dyed some wonderful yarn for my socks and added some Reeses Peanut Butter cups, White Castle Coffed, a DA diary and a Wand Pen. I got my package several days ago but couldn't find my card reader. See for yourself how cool this package was:





On Saturday my Hogwarts Sock Swap package arrived from Daisy Quickspell, a.k.a. Angela of Ravenclaw. I love my striped Gryffindor house colors socks - they fit perfectly. I got stitch markers, HP candy, DP needles in various sizes, point protectors, and a very cool project bag made from some HP/owl fabric. I have watched this fabric on Ebay and know that it is very hard to find. Thanks Angela! Amazing job!




Since I can't got to the Borders party for the book release on Friday night (my husband and I are going to see Sonic Youth) I will wear some HP socks to the show. I have 250 pages to go in Half Blood Prince. I hope I can make it in time to start book 7 right away!

Hurray for sock swaps and all the kind, generous folks out there that make these things possible!

No comments: